Rakashin First Mate
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Driving d4, Fighting d6, Knowledge (Electronics) d6, Notice d6,
Persuasion d6, Piloting d6, Shooting d6, Streetwise d6
Charisma: –4; Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 9 (4)
Hindrances: Loyal, Stubborn, Vow (Major—Always accomplish the mission),
Edges: Connections (The Unders)
Gear: Heavy pistol (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6+1, AP 4), box of 50 shells, body armor (4), commlink, C$370.
Rakashans are descended from cats or cat-like creatures from around the Known Worlds and collectively labeled “rakashans” by the humans for the human-cat hybrid of lore. They are known for their quick tempers, cruel claws, and absolute dedication to whatever purpose they happen to be serving. Rakashans have embraced the other races’ natural fear of them and like to remind them that “cats always play with their prey first.”
- Agile: Rakashans have the feline grace of their ancestors. They start with a d6 Agility.
- Bloodthirsty Hindrance: Rakashans can be cruel to their foes, often toying with them for simple amusement. They rarely take prisoners and feel litle compunction about punishing captured foes. They have –4 Charisma among “civilized” types.
- Racial Enemy: Rakashan society rose at the expense of another. Pick a common race in your seting. Members of each culture suﬀer a –4 Charisma when dealing with each other. Unless fettered by other authorities or common goals, individuals of the two races typically attack each other on sight.
- Natural Weaponry: Rakashans have retractable claws that do Str+d6 damage, AP 2.
- Low Light Vision: Rakashan eyes amplify light. They can see in the dark and ignore atack
penalties for Dim and Dark lighting.